Welcome!

And thank you for visiting! My purpose is to help people who may have done a DNA test learn all of the powerful ways they can use it to explore their family history. Disclaimer: I am not a certified Professional Genealogist, simply an experienced and always-learning family researcher with a gift for simplifying complicated concepts to make sense to a casually interested person.

I have spent many years exploring my own history in the British Isles and colonial New England, as well as my wife's Spanish and Polish heritage. I have uncovered fascinating family stories, and had incredible experiences with living relatives. Our family's past has made my present rich indeed, and that is an amazing gift that I'd love to help you unlock.

This blog will feature lots of simple posts on how to make the most of your DNA test in combination with the essential thorough traditional research. We truly live in a "Golden Age" of Genealogy, where our DNA science allows us to reliably reach back into the past 150-250 years to times when people in general were less likely to venture far from their family. Though there have always been mass migrations due to war, famine, overpopulation etc., we still might find a branch of our family concentrated in a small area for several generations.

People come to this addictive pursuit for a variety of reasons; some fascinating story or family Bible handed down from grandparents, adoptees looking for their birth family, something has inspired you to look for answers to the age-old questions - "who am I?" and "where do I come from?"

So, what's your story? How may I help you uncover some of your Ancestories? Come learn more about my ancestories consulting service.



The author with a precious gift received from cousins in northern Ireland during a 2017 visit! During our trip we met cousins from three different children of my 3G grandparents who lived in Newtownards, County Down. And it turns out that this beautiful Lowden was built in that very town! I count this one of my most amazing experiences in a collection of incredible adventures connecting with living family.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Started - What Do We Know?

New Toys Lead to Big Discovery, or Trouble